Saturday, July 10, 2010

1st term

28 days into the first term and I am still happy.
Attended an amazing seminar on - "One Becoming a Social Entrepreneur". Missed a couple of classes, but it was worth it. Anshu Gupta ,Founder/Director, GOONJ and 4 other social entrepreneurs were the chief guests and the talk by Anshu gave me goosebumps. It just felt as if all my questions were answered. Goonj is an amazing organization and Anshu's thoughts were different, yet inspiring.
As far as the workload of acads is concerned, I am at peace here. I don't take a lot of pressure and have had just 2 quizzes so far. The prof who teaches us Accounting is God-Like. I am sure that I'll learn accounting in the next 2 months. We have 3 quizzes lines up in the next 3 days, including the all important and most dreaded QT or the Quantitative Techniques quiz. Seniors have already scared the shit out of us. Prof Gango is just too smart for us. I'll have to buck up and study hard, if I have to get 30/30 in the 1st QT quiz.
The football world cup is going on and to my delight Holland have reached the final. I was watching the semi-finals in the common TV room and the seniors were telling me that I should enjoy whatever time I have in my hands as I'll not get any more time to waste in 2 weeks time.
I am also playing TT whenever I get the time.
The subject that I have the most interesting is OB -1 or Organizational Behaviour -1. One of the profs asked us to write down what we want from XLRI in the next 2 years. I'll do that right away and maybe, post it on my next blog post. I have stood for the Placement Committee or Placecomm as they call it. 17 of us are still left in the process, out of which 9 will make the cut. It will require a lot of sacrifice, but as I like doing the job, I went for it.
The more days pass by, I realize I made the right choice by choosing XLRI over IIM K. I feel comfortable here. The culture is really amazing. Its 3:41 in the morning on a Sunday and I have to study for the next 4 hours, (QT :P). We have had our Wet nights, Punch night, etc.
Time to study in my half inebriated state.

No comments: